Monday 17 December 2012

Review: Mikill Pane


Mikill Pane The Dirty Rider EP (Mercury Records)


Mikill Pane's new EP combines various features from his previous releases, and has created what I believe to be his best non-collaboration EP as of yet. 'The Craig Bang' is a convivial, too-fast-to-function track, which is a huge leap forward for the UK rap scene in itself considering that tracks from most leading grime artists usually consist of generic GarageBand style beats and lazy flows, and that's before even mentioning the lyrical content. This genius lyricist is going to be absolutely huge in 2013 with the release of his debut album Blame Miss Barclay; as he so kindly put it, "I'm zipping up the charts like I'm YKK". Take a listen and you'll be thanking me later, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment